RAILWAY SIMULATION COMPLEX
The first railway simulation complex was developed by INIUS specialists in 2011. It was based on UTC (training, modeling and developing software made by INIUS).
Railway simulation complexes provide hands-on experience and immersive learning to practice basic and advanced operations. The simulator’s response to the operator’s actions is based on accurate real-time mathematical models. These models and the 3D environment make it possible to simulate multiple emergency railroad situations which would be hard or even impossible to recreate in real life. This allows the learner to improve decision making and to sharpen emergency response skills as well as helps to reduce the risks of transportation incidents.
INIUS simulation complex includes:
- the operator’s workstation representing actual controls and equipment;
- optional 3D environment interaction workstation;
- the instructor’s workstation to supervise, evaluate the operator’s performance, set tasks and interact with the operator;
- dynamic mathematical computer-based models of train systems, operating in real time;
- 3D railway routes with exact models of locomotives, wagons and other railway facilities with the total length of over 150 kilometers;
- a voiced evaluating and grading system that informs about errors and provides hints.
By now the following simulators have been designed:
- Simulator complex for locomotive crews (SCLC), supporting different types of locomotives;
- Simulator complex for crossing attendant (SCCA)
We design various simulation complexes to meet customers’ needs and supply them in a full-sized form as an enclosed cab representing a real cab with corresponding equipment or as an operator’s panel with authentic controls. SC CLASS is a compact simulator based on a PC capable of teaching basic operational skills through the use of virtual imitation of controls and equipment.
Simulator complexes connected via a network can work together in an integrated 3D environment allowing trainees to interact with each other.
INIUS specialists are constantly working on improving and expanding the functionality of training complexes, customizing existing functionality to meet customer needs, expanding the number of modeled locomotives and designing new types of training complexes.